- 1 cup Sugar (200 g)1 Tbsp finely grated Lemon Zest (from 2 to 3 medium lemons)
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Brown Rice Flour (140 g)
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour (100 g)
- 3 Eggs (150 g)
- ½ cup Whole Milk Yogurt or Cashew-Coconut Yogurt (115 g)
- ½ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for greasing (110 g)
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar (240 g)
- 2-3 Tbsp freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped Pistachios, for topping
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Grease the inside of an 8½-by-4½-inch (or about 20cm-by-10cm) loaf pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- To make the cake, in a large bowl, rub together the sugar and lemon zest until fragrant. This helps release the natural lemon oil. Whisk in the remaining ingredients until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack. Let the cake cool completely if you want the glaze to stay thick on top of the cake. If the cake is warm, the glaze will melt and run off.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl until smooth and lump free. As you begin to whisk, it might seem too thick, but as the sugar absorbs the juice, the glaze will thin out. The glaze should be pourable but not too runny.
- Put a tray or baking sheet under the wire rack and pour the glaze all over the cake, letting it run over the edges. Wait a few minutes for the glaze to set. Sprinkle the top with the pistachios, then serve. The cake will keep at room temperature for 3 days. If you refrigerate it, the glaze will soften.