Tabbouleh is always a good idea, and what better way to spice it up than by adding organic quinoa by Arrowhead Mills? BA describes it as a “Middle Eastern salad [getting] an of-the-moment upgrade with the ‘it’ grain, quinoa.” And if you don’t trust us, trust the 4.5/5 rating from hundreds of reviews! This recipe serves six but you may want to make extra…
- 1 cup of Arrowhead Mills’ Organic Quinoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into ¼ pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring quinoa, ½ tsp salt, and 1 ¼ cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining dressing over.