What’s better at beating summertime heat than ice-cream? We found this recipe by The Bridge and tweaked it a little to include their infamous almond milk -- it’s gluten-free, 100% vegan, and made from spring water and Italian almonds… What more could we ask for? The recipe servers two people, but we’d double it because (hint) it’s going to disappear fast!
- 500ml of The Bridge’s Bio Almond Milk
- 150g of rice syrup
- 80g of cashew nuts (soaked in water for 4 hours)
- 4g of carob seed flour
- Drain the cashews and, using a powerful blender, blend them until you obtain a thick but uniform and lump-free paste.
- In a pot, combine the carob seed flour, the rice syrup, the cashew paste, and the almond drink, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cool the resulting mixture and let it sit for about 6 hours, then churn it for about 30 to 60 minutes in an ice-cream maker, until you obtain a smooth full-bodies ice-cream. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can leave it to thicken in the freezer, then wait 15 minutes before serving, so that it reaches the ideal consistency.
- Top it with your favorite summertime topping (we recommend chocolate chips and strawberries) and enjoy!