Shakshouka is a classic Middle Eastern dish that’s eaten for breakfast—or really any meal of the day! It’s made from a few simple, healthy ingredients but is packed with a lot of flavor. It’s also very easy to make, especially if you use Pomi Chopped tomatoes, and so makes the perfect Suhoor meal.
You will need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 28-ounce pack of Pomi Chopped tomatoes
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chopped bell pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and spices and cook an additional minute.
- Pour the Pomi Chopped tomatoes and juice into the pan. Season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Use your large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well. Cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and parsley.