When we came across this recipe by Safe Catch, we had to share it with you. To begin with, why choose Safe Catch tuna vs. other tuna brands? First of all, Safe Catch catches their own tuna. Their fish is “traceable from catch to can” and is always sourced sustainably. Second of all, each fish is tested using their proprietary technology for mercury content. As you may know, tuna in general can be very high in mercury, which can be detrimental to our brain health. Safe Catch tuna’s mercury restrictions are ten times stricter than the FDA mercury action limit, making them super safe for your wellbeing. Thirdly, Safe Catch is not machine processed but rather packed pure and raw, which maintains all the flavor and Omega 3s.
Let’s get to the recipe by Percolate Kitchen! P.s. It takes only 10 minutes to prepare!
- 1 can Safe Catch Chili-Lime Elite Tuna
- 2 celery stalks rinsed and trimmed on either end
- ¼ cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 pita bread sliced in half
- Finely dice the celery and place in a large bowl
- Open the tuna and add to the bowl, then add the mayonnaise
- Stir to combine well
- Slice open the insides of each pita, and stuff with the tuna mixture