Winter is finally here! And that means rich and wholesome meals are here to stay. This week, we are celebrating a new product that has joined our extensive Pomi line: Double Concentrated Tomato Paste (available in 400g and 800g). We can agree that this recipe by Archana, otherwise known as @ministry_of_curry, can take a little more time than we have the patience for, but we can assure you it’s well worth it and provides lots of leftovers to go around!
You will need:
- 130g Pomi Double Concentrated Tomato Paste
- 1 ½ cups Pomi Strained Tomatoes
- 900g Chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1 tbs ginger, grated
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbs Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely diced
- 2 tbs oil
- 3 tbs plain yoghurt
- 1 ½ cups tomato puree
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes. Add 2 teaspoons salt and lemon juice and mix well. Add yoghurt, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, ginger, and garlic. Mix well and allow to marinate while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Heat oil on a medium pan. Add onions and ½ teaspoon of salt. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the onions start to soften and turn translucent.
- Add the cooked onions to the slow cooker and spread it evenly. Evenly layer tomato puree over the onions. Line the marinated chicken over the tomato puree. Place the lid on and set the cooking time to Slow Cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, your kitchen will be filled with the beautiful aromas of the curry. Add heavy cream. Mix well, taste and add tomato paste. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with basmati rice and naan bread.
To make this recipe dairy free, you can use unsweetened coconut cream or homemade cashew cream. To make the cashew cream at home simply blend ½ cup of cashews in half cup of warm water and make a smooth paste.