You guys are going to love these super tasty gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly sunflower seed crackers that compliment basically any topping! Bob describes these as “a healthy grain-free snack that pairs well with cheese, dips, or just on its own.” If you think healthy crackers are usually lackluster, dry, and cardboard-like, you need to try these. And what better Friday lockdown 35-minute task than to try them out?
You will need:
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Premium Shelled Sunflower Seeds (140g)
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup water
Olive oil and assorted seeds and spices for topping (such as chia seeds, sesame seeds, coarse sea salt, cracked black pepper, fennel seeds, dried oregano, sumac, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine Bob’s Red Mill Raw Shelled Sunflower Seeds and tapioca flour, salt, and baking powder. Process into a fine meal.
- With the processor running, stream in the water until a dough forms.
- Remove the dough from the food processor, set on a piece of parchment paper and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Between two pieces of parchment paper, roll the dough to about 2-3 mm thickness. Cut the dough into 4 X 8cm rectangles or into other desired shapes.
- Place the crackers on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about ½-inch space between the crackers. Brush the tops of the crackers with olive oil and sprinkle with desired seeds and spices.
- Bake until the edges are lightly browned, about 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through the baking time. Let cool completely before serving.