This gluten-free and naturally vegan snack is the perfect solution to your sweltering sweet tooth! What we loved most about this recipe, though, is that it’s completely safe for diabetics since it uses Wholesome’s Organic Stevia as a sweetener instead of refined sugar (be sure to use sugar-free chocolate!). Pop them in your kids’ lunch boxes or leave them on your kitchen counter for your family members to grab on the go.
You will need:
- 140g dark chocolate, melted (use dairy free chocolate for a vegan recipe)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil, divided
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Wholesome Organic Stevia
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving 2-inch overhand on the sides. Stir together the melted chocolate and 1 tbsp of the melted coconut oil; set aside.
- Toss together the shredded coconut, remaining coconut oil, Organic Stevia, vanilla and salt until well combined; press firmly into prepared pan. Pour chocolate mixture over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Using parchment paper as handles, remove from the pan. Cut into bars.
Tips and tricks:
- Sprinkle atop with flaked sea salt
- To melt chocolate: place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, stirring until smooth.